Have an Idea? Let’s Talk – Join us at the next IEEE Start-Up Mixer Program
Free Drinks & Pizza: 6:00pm
Interactive Session: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Facilitator/Speaker Gerry Knotts
This Mini Workshop is special because it will focus on our circle of engineers with product and service ideas. We invite you to attend and be ready to share and discuss your business concept or product ideas with Jerry and other thinkers & thinkers. We are calling on Buena Ventura IEEE Entrepreneurship Chapter friends and members to come out and participate in this one of a kind session with our own in-house extraordinaire “Entrepreneur-Engineer”. This session will be most relevant to aspiring engineers seeking to bring their ideas to fruition. It should be a fun and informative evening with Jerry.
ABOUT THE GUEST SPEAKER/FACILITATOR:
He has mentored many startup companies andcontributes his wisdom to a number of organizations including California Lutheran University (CLU).
Jerry personifies the idea of Advancing Technology for Humanity:
1. President, South Coast Youth Leadership Conference, Inc, Thousand Oaks;
2. President, helped create the Central Coast Venture Forum, now known as the California Coast Venture Forum (parent of the Clean Business Investment Summit).
3. He started four companies and mentored over 250 start-ups.
4. He serves as mentor for the LARTA Institute, the Southern California BioMedical Council (SoCALBIO),
5. Goldman Sachs 10,000 Businesses Programs,
6. University of California Santa Barbara New Venture Program
7. Member of the Blue Ocean Sciences, LLC.
In Jerry’s earlier career he served as a Commanding Officer (retired) in the United
States Air Force. Jerry holds a BSEE (Electrical Engineering) from Penn State and an MBA from Auburn University. In addition, he is a graduate of the Defense Acquisition University, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Air Command and Staff College, and Air War College. He is a licensed Professional Engineer, Senior Life Member, Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE), National Institute of Professional Engineers (NSPE), California State Professional Engineers (CSPE) and Texas State Professional Engineers (TSPE).